- NOVEMBER 11, 2021 UPDATE: As vaccinations are approved for younger children, we anticipate CDC guidelines to change before our Spring 2022 classes begin. We will update families closer to February with any policy adjustments. Our current policy is rehearsing outdoors as much as possible, and wearing masks indoors. We anticipate we will be able to be indoors during the inclement weather and the cold, and use our outdoor rehearsal time for nice weather. Stay tuned as we get closer to February 2022!
- Students are required to stay home if they are feeling unwell. Specifically, students need to be fever-free with no vomiting/diarrhea and no respiratory symptoms for 24 hours before the beginning of class.
- If a student in a class is diagnosed with COVID, participants will be informed immediately and contact tracing will begin.
- If a student or someone in their household tests positive for COVID-19, they will be required to stay home from class for 14 days.
- Whenever weather conditions allow, we will rehearse outdoors.
- MASK POLICY: Students, instructors, and staff are required to wear masks INDOORS only. As of June 15, 2021, masks are not required for outdoor rehearsals.
- We will practice social distancing in the classroom and outdoors.
- Drop-off and pick-up times will be supervised.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided and students, instructors, and staff will sanitize before and after class as well as during breaks.
- Students will be required to bring their own water bottles (clearly marked with their names).
The Experiment 2021
Date: 7/18/21 -7/24/21
Location: Camp Rivervale, Mitchell, IN (About Camp Rivervale)
- Prior to the Experiment. Campers and families will be required to attend a Zoom meeting to go over rules and policies. We encourage a 14-day quarantine for campers prior to camp if at all possible.
- Pre-Camp Screening. Upon arrival, campers and staff will be given a questionnaire and temperature check. Check-in will be drive-thru style, with requested arrival times based on last names. If anyone in a vehicle fails the health screening, everyone in the vehicle will be required to return home.
- Pods. Campers will be assigned pod groups for the duration of the event. In cabins, campers will follow a head to toe sleeping method to ensure 6 feet of distance.
- Masks and Distancing. We ask all campers and staff to bring at least one mask per day for the Experiment. Outdoor rehearsals will not be masked. In the event that pods must be indoors together, distancing and mask policies will be in place. There will be opportunities for “mask breaks” throughout the day with campers’ cabin pods or when campers have plenty of outdoor space to do so.
- Outside Mentality. Weather permitting, we will be outdoors! Be sure to send your camper with bug spray, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, and labeled water bottle(s). If campers are inside then masks, distancing, and ventilation will be in place to keep your camper safe.
- Cleaning. We will provide hand sanitizer to students and staff regularly, and disinfect surfaces after meals. Campers will undergo temperature checks at the beginning and end of every day.
- In the event of a sick camper. If a camper becomes ill, they will be immediately quarantined in our medic’s office until parents/guardians can be contacted to pick them up.
- Performances. The Experiment concludes with a performance, which will be held outdoors. Each camper is permitted 2 family members to attend this socially-distanced performance.
- Pickup. Campers will be released by pod for dismissal after camp.
- After camp. Following the Experiment, we will provide the after-camp recommendations used by our host camp.